Functions of ORIC
Intellectual Property and Legal Services
Review and analyze all new invention disclosures
- Identify and establish collaborations and/or licensing agreements associated with the Institute’s intellectual property.
- Identify potential synergies for University with non-profit research Institutes and academic licensing offices
- Enhance culture of IP capture, including an ongoing evaluation of Institute research for IP potential.
- Conduct collaborative research agreement review for PIs conducting research under a contract with outside institutions
- Oversee any litigation that may arise related to Institute IP Manage any infringement matters that may arise related to Institute IP
- Monetize royalty streams from licenses
- Oversee IP webpage, in conjunction with the web committee
- Work with Development Office to promote Institute IP success stories. Utilize success stories to leverage commercialization efforts.
- Collaborate with the Principal Liaison for Technical Marketing and Licensing on the commercialization of the Institute’s IP in coordination with manager industrial linkages