Invitation to All Interested Training & Academic Institutions for Affiliation with UVAS, Lahore
The Government of the Punjab promulgated the University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Lahore Ordinance 2002 and upgraded the former College of Veterinary Science, Lahore (established in 1882) as University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore (UVAS) w.e.f. 8th June, 2002. The UVAS, Lahore is one of the oldest institutions in the Asia. It is catering provincial and national needs for trained and qualified manpower in the fields of veterinary, management, environmental, ecological, poultry, Dairy Production & Technology, zoological, human nutritional, pharmaceutical sciences.
The detail of its infrastructure / student strength / degree programs being offered etc is as under:
- Main Campus, Lahore
- Ravi Campus, Pattoki
- CVAS Jhang Campus
- KBCMA – CVAS, Narowal Campus
- Faculty of Veterinary Science = Six Departments
- Biosciences = Six Departments
- Animal Production and Technology = Six Departments
- Fisheries and Wildlife = Two Departments
- Life Sciences Business Management= Two Departments
- Continuing Education & Extension
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Biochemistry & Biotechnology
- Bioequivalence Study (BeSt) Centre
- Centre for Education Policy and Management,
- Students Services Centre
- Pet Centre, at City Campus, Lahore,
- Environmental Science Policy and Management Center
- Avian Research & Training Centre(ART) at Frozepur Road, Lahore,
- Small Ruminants Training Center, Ravi Campus, Pattoki and
- Pets Breeding & Training Centre, Ravi Campus, Pattoki),
- Business Incubation Centre,
- Information Technology Centre,
- Placement Centre
- University Diagnostic Lab.
- Quality Operation Lab.
- Biotechnology Lab
- Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC),
- Planning & Development (P&D)
- External Linkages,
- Students Affairs and
Degree Programs / Courses
Doctor degree programs
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM),
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm-D),
B.S (Hons) Degree programs
- B.S. (Hons.) Nutrition & Dietetics
- B.S. (Hons.) Applied Microbiology
- B.S. (Hons.) Biotechnology
- B.S. (Hons.) Biochemistry
- B.S. (Hons.) Environmental Sciences
- B.S. (Hons.) Poultry Science
- B.S. (Hons.) Dairy Technology
- B.S. (Hons.) Zoology
- B.S. (Hons.) Biological Sciences
- B.S. (Hons) Fisheries and Aquaculture
- B.S. (Hons) Food Science and Technology
- B.S. (Hons) Medical Laboratory Technology
Master Degree Programs
(02). MBA (Executive)
(03). MBA (3.5 Years)
M.Phil Degree programs in 30 Disciplines
Ph.D Degree programs in 23 Disciplines
Livestock Assistant Diploma (LAD),
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (CVAS) Jhang
- Khan Bahadur Ch. Mushtaq Ahmad College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (KBCMACVAS) Narowal
Para Veterinary Institute (PVI), Karor, Lal Eason, Layyah
Affiliated Colleges / Institutions
GOVERNMENT SECTOR TRAINING INSTITUTIONS
- Directorate of Livestock Services Training Centre,
Bahadur Nagar, Okara
- Institute of Livestock Services training Centre, Sheikhupura.
- Barani Livestock Production Research Institute, Kherimurat, District Attock.
- Govt. Livestock Paravet School, Horoonabad, District Bahawalnagar.
- Govt. Livestock Para Vet School, Rakh Ghulaman, Distt. Bhakkar
PRIVATE SECTOR DEGREE OFFERING COLLEGES / INSTITUTIONS:
- Kings College of Health Sciences, Sahiwal.
Police Line Road, Sahiwal.
Dr. Muhammad Javed Iqbal,
Cell #: 0301-7703309
Tel #: 040-4224416
B.S. (Hons.) Nutrition & Dietetics
B.S. (Hons.) Zoology
B.S. (Hons.) Biochemistry
Affiliation session: 2013-14 & onwards
- Leads College of Pharmacy.
5-Tipu Block, New Garden Town,
Near Kalma Chowk, Lahore.
Prof. Dr. Hafeez Ikram,
Cell #: 0333-6386454
Tell #: 042-35843205-7
Affiliated degree: Pharm-D
Affiliation Sessions: 2014-15 & onwards
Total Student Strength
In terms of Paragraph 32 of the University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences (UVAS) Lahore Ordinance 2002, this University has jurisdiction to affiliate other training and academic institutions subject to the fulfillment of codal formalities.
This University welcomes all the training and academic institutions interested for affiliation with the University. In this regard, all interested institutions may contact the Registrar for any relevant information regarding affiliation of training and academic institutions. However, the complete rules and regulations are available at link