The Directorate of Research serves to:
- Supporting the university’s strategic research directions and policies.
- Promoting and enhancing cross cutting and multidisciplinary research initiatives.
- Increasing and diversifying external research funding.
- Improving integration of research and education at all levels of the university.
- Improving translation of research into public benefit.
- Strengthening university-industry relationships.
- Promoting entrepreneurship, technology-transfer and commercialization activities that energize and support the local and national economy.
- Facilitating seminars / scholarly discussions.