- Bengali: Jiwa, Joba Juwa
- Persian: Angharee
- Pashto: Gurhal
- Sanskrit: Joba
- Sindhi: Rooh-e-Dhan, Gohrawal
- Arabic: Anghara
- Chinese: Ch’uan Chin, Fu Sang
- Hindi: Jasum, Jasut, Gurhal
- Shoe flower, China rose, Chinese hibiscus
- Found throughout the Pakistan, grown as a garden & ornamental plant.
- An evergreen 2-3 m shrub having stem without pickles
- Short petioles ovate leaves
- Inflorescence Pedicles long, corolla tubular, petals bright-red, staminal tube extending far beyond the petals.
- Tasteless and Mucilaginous
- Moderate cold 1°, moist 1°
PERIOD OF OCCURRENCE:
- Flowers from April to September
PROCEDURE & TIME OF COLLECTION:
- Flowers are collected during the flowering period and dried.
- Vitamin c
- Baad Mushk/Mushk Willow (salix caprea linn)
ACTIONS AND USES IN UNANI SYSTEM OF MEDICINE:
- Cardiac stimulant
- Thirst quencher
- The mucilaginous infusion prepared from petals is given in fever as a refrigerant and demulscent in cough, in cystitis, strangury and other irritable conditions of the genitor urinary tract.
- Filfil siah/black pepper (piper nigrum)
IMPORTANT UNANI FORMULATIONS: