- Prunus bokaniensis
- Prunus insititia
- Bengali: Alubukhara
- Persian: Kishniz
- Hindi: Alubukhara
- Pashto: Aloobukhana
- Sanskrit: Bhalluka
- Arabic: Ajjas
- Commonly cultivated in the Northern Areas, Punjab and Baluchistan
- A small sized tree, young shoots pubescent.
- Ovate or ovate-lanceolate, serrate leaves.
- Clusters of aromatics flowers.
- Fruit globose or oblong, golden yellow to red to dark purple in colour.
PERIOD OF OCCURRENCE:
- The tree bear fruit when 3-4 year old
PROCEDURE & TIME OF COLLECTION:
Fruit is ready for harvesting from July and august. Fruit are picked while still firm but mature enough to have developed a good colour
- Nicotinic acid
- Ascorbic acid
- Tmmar Hindi/Tamarind (Tamarindus Indica)
ACTIONS AND USES IN UNANI SYSTEM OF MEDICINE:
- In biliousness
- Enlarged liver
- Unnab/jujube (zizyphus vulgare)
- Mastagi/mastic (pistacia lentiscus )
IMPORTANT UNANI FORMULATIONS:
- Sharbat Alu bukhara
- Sharbat mulayyan