|Directorate of Sports
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To empower students to live better through sports and help to bring sports into the lives of UVAS students. This is the inspiration behind the UVAS Sports Department.
- Sports and active recreation as a common interest helps in the development of partnership working among students.
- Directorate of Sports helps create, support and maintain the buildings, facilities and spaces students need to play sports.
- Promote a planned approach for the provision of facilities and opportunities to participate in sports for the students of Main Campus, Ravi campus & Jhang Campus.
- Provision of optimum coaching facilities for the students (Male & Female) to boost their participation in sports at different levels i.e. Club Competitions at Lahore/ Intervarsity Pakistan level, Zone level , Punjab level, National & International level events.
- Interdepartmental/Interclass Tournaments conducted on annual basis for the active recreation of the students, to provoke sports among them, to get more people playing sports and to excel UVAS sports at higher levels.
- Sports Department continuing operations have delivered a record result for the year with a headline ranking in HEC Sports (Male and Female) and will ensures appropriate facilities for maintaining the ranking, further more to improve it.
- To ensure excellent organisation of the HEC granted Sports Intervarsities/Sports Events that will add up in the Socio- economic status of UVAS.
- Occasional celebrations and recreational tournaments arranged for the Students, staff and faculty like Independence Day Sports Tournaments.
- To ensure the availability of complete Gym facilities along with Trainer at City Campus & Ravi Campus Pattoki for male/ female & Faculty/ Staff.
- Acknowledging the achievements and provoking participation spirit among students, sports department ensures to award sports person with Incentive and honour awards.