Syed Saleem Ahmad
Ph.D. (UVAS), M.Sc. (UAF), DVM (UAF).
Associate Professor / Chairman
Department of Clinical Medicine & Surgery
Tel : 92-42-99211374 Ext 209
Dr. Syed Saleem Ahmad is presently working an Associate Professor in the Department of Clinical Medicine and Incharge Outreach Veterinary Clinic Sittar wala. Has been working as Deputy Director in the Directorate of Advanced Studies of UVAS since November 2010 to 23rd April, 2014. He had been appointed as an Assistant Professor in Pet Centre in June 2003 and worked as an incharge Pet Centre upto November 2010, Promoted as an Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Medicine & Surgery in March 2014. He has a vast clinical experience especially in small animals since 1984 as a private practitioner. Has organized different national and international bird and dog shows. He has also given various TV programs regarding keeping different fancy birds. He is a member of different professional bodies like Pakistan Veterinary Medical Association, Aviculture Society of Pakistan, Blood Donor Society UVAS, Lahore Zoo Committee, Standing Selection Committee for the post pay scale 1-16, Flood Relief Committee and President UVAS indoor games. He has an expertise on ultrasonography, surgical sexing of birds by Endoscopy and basic obedience training of dogs. He has successfully designed the Pet Breeding project and Research Centre at Ravi Campus worth 29.73m. and working as a Principal Officer of the project. He has developed Birds Aviary and deer enclosures and walk through Aviary at Main Campus, Lahore and taken an active part in the renovation of Pet Centre, indoor and dog breeding kennels.
Area of Interest:
Small animals especially pet animals (Dogs, cats and fancy birds) treatment, Ultrasonography, Training of dogs, Endoscopy of birds.
- Ahmad SS, Khan MA, Khan MS. 2011. Epidemiology And Seasonal Abundance Of Canine Babesiosis In Lahore, Pakistan. The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences Vol:21(2 Suppl) pp:351-353 (Journal Impact factor 0.638)
- Ahmad SS, Khan MA, Khan MS, Ahmad N. 2011. Prevalence Of Babesiosis In Cats In Lahore, Pakistan. The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences Vol:21( 2Suppl) pp:354-357 (Journal Impact factor 0.638)
- Ahmad SS, Khan MA, Khan MS, Ahmad N. 2009. Epidemiological and Vector Identification Studies On Canine Babesiosis. Pakistan Veterinary Journals Vol:29 pp:- (Journal, Impact Factor 1.255)
- Durrani UF, Khan MA. 2008. Comparitive efficacy (Sedative and Anaesthetic) of Detomidine, Ketamine and Detomidine-Ketamine cocktail in Pigeons ( Columba Livia). Pakistan Vet. J Vol:28(3) pp:115-118 (Journal, Impact Factor 1.255))
- Khan MA, Hamid T, Mahmood AK, Farooq U, Ahmad SS, and Shahzad MK. 2008. Comparative efficacy of polypropylene mash and jejuna graft for the repair of abdominal wall defect in dogs. J. Anim. Pl. Sci. Vol:18(2-3) pp:67-71 (Journal, Impact factor 0.638)
- Ahmad SS, Khan MS, Khan MA. 2007. Prevalence of Canine babesiosis in Lahore, Pakistan. The Journal of Animals and Plant sciences Vol:1 pp:11-13 (Journal, Impact factor 0.638)
- Ali Z, Ahmad SS. 2007. Ecology and diversity of Planktons in lakes of Uchali Wet lands Complex, Pakistan. The Journal of animal and Plant Sciences, Vol:14 pp:41-43 (Journal, Impact factor 0.638)
- Ali Z, Ahmad SS. 2007. Recent records of globally endangered white headed duck Oxyura Leuocephala in Pakistan. The Journal of animal and Plant Sciences Vol:17 pp:36-40 (Journal, Impact factor 0.638)
- Ali Z, Ahmad SS. 2006. Records of flora and fauna from ICI soda ash works, Khewra, principally the salt range of Pakistan. BIOLOGIA, Pakistan Vol:52 pp:191-202 (Journal)
- Ali Z, Ahmad SS. 2006. Physio-chemical and biological analysis of freshwater lakes in salt range of Pakistan. BIOLOGIA, Pakistan" (2006) BIOLOGIA, Pakistan Vol:53 pp:25-40 (Journal)
- Ali Z, Ahmad SS. 2006. Avian species analysis at three major wetland complexes in Pakistan. BIOLOGIA, Pakistan" (2006). BIOLOGIA, Pakistan Vol:52 pp:163-175 (Journal)
- Ali Z, Ahmad SS. 2006. Gyps vulture restoration in Pakistan. BIOLOGIA, Pakistan Vol:52 pp:191-202 (Journal)
Choosing a Pet, 2009. AVN Agro Veterinary News Vol. 21.
Transmissible Venereal Tumors (TVT) AVN (Agro Veterinary News) 2008. Vol.
Prevalence of SURRA and estimation of certain Blood parameter in dromedrary camels at Lahore abattoirs. 1992.1st international seminar on non-tsetse transmitted animal trypanosomoses.Annecy France
MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED SOCIETIES
- Member of Pakistan Veterinary Med. Association.
- Executive Member of Aviculture Society of Pakistan.
- Member of Alumni Association .UVAS.
- Member of Blood Donor Society UVAS,
- Member of Board of studies UVAS.
- Ex. Member of Lahore Zoo committee.
- Advisor, in selection board in Punjab Public Service Commission (Recruitment of Veterinary Officer health in L&DD Punjab)
- Examiner for objective type (MCQ) written paper for the post of Veterinary Officer (BS-17) in the livestock & Dairy Development Department (No.PPSC-DE-2012
- Member of standing Selection Committee for the post Pay scale 1 to 16.
- President of UVAS Indoor Games.
Pet Breeding and Research Centre at Ravi campus worth 29.73m ..(completed)
HEC approved supervisor